To Our St Anthony Parish Community:
Because of the public health emergency, the Archbishop of Los Angeles, Jose Gomez, has dispensed all Catholics from the obligation to attend weekend Mass until April 19th. The health and the well-being of our parish community is of utmost importance to us so we are adhering to the Archdiocesan recommendations. Please see the following updates:
- Office Hours: Office is currently closed until further notice
- The Confessions: Are closed
- The Church is open during the day for Quiet Individual Prayer
- St Anthony Parish Live-streamed Masses:
- Monday-Saturday 8:00am (Spanish), and 9:00am (English)
- Sunday 7:45am (Spanish) and 9:30am (Enlgish)
Although Masses are suspended, we can all attend Mass via our phones and computers, as they are live-streamed daily on parish Facebook and YouTube channels. So specially on Sunday, set aside family time to watch the Mass and pray together!
Yours in Christ,
Fr. Austin Doran
Please see the message below from Archbishop Jose Gomez:
LITURGICAL ACCOMMODATIONS DURING THE SUSPENSION OF THE PUBLIC CELEBRATION OF MASS
- The public celebration of Mass has been suspended in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles effective March 17, 2020 until April 19,2020, or otherwise extended. Churches may remain open for individual, private prayer observing their normal open/closure hours. Click here to read the full bilingual statement
- The weekday and Sunday Mass will be livestreamed from the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels via the LA Catholics Facebook page (facebook.com/lacatholics). For more information on additional Mass broadcasts on TV and Radio, visit lacatholics.org/emergency.
- We encourage the Catholic faithful to keep the Lord's Day holy. Some ways to do this include: reading the Gospels, praying with your families, and to joining yourself to the sacrifice of the Mass by making an act of spiritual communion.
- You can also visit the Archdiocese of Los Angeles website for further announcements regarding COVID-19. https://lacatholics.org/emergency